Tuesday 12 February 2013

DIY // How to use an empty frame as a photo display.



This is a really simple but effective DIY project that literally takes a few minutes to put together - the hardest part is finding the perfect frame! I stumbled across this gorgeous frame in a vintage store on Oldham Street (Manchester) and completely fell in love with it. I had no idea what I was going to do with it but I had to have it, and after all everyone's had that feeling a few (hundred) times right?

So anyway I remembered seeing some photos of this kind of thing on Tumblr and decided to have a go. All you have to do is cut as many lengths of cotton (or string) as you want - my frame is quite small so I chose to have 3 then attach them to the back of the frame. There were already screws on the back of mine making it really easy to attach the string however you could always tie the string to the frame itself. You need to make sure the string is tight as adding photos will make it sag otherwise.

Then finally - add photos! I used paper clips but you could use clothes pegs or even bulldog clips.



So there you have it - a 2 minute DIY project that is so easy but looks great. Now I just have to find a place to hang it as with this being a student house I'm not really allowed to hammer nails into the walls.


No comments:

Post a Comment